We are looking for a (Senior) Drupal Developer with Drupal 7/8/9 knowledge and experience for one of the European Institutions in Brussels, Belgium. EU candidates need to be fluent in English. All positions are long-term. This position is also open for freelancers.
If you currently live abroad and want to work in Brussels, please apply and we will get in touch with you ASAP. We understand that a job abroad is a big step, what can you expect of us?
ALL EUROPEAN CAREERS will support and advise you during the whole procedure (assistance with finding an apartment, where to register, opening a bank account, how to request child allowance, etc.) and a relocation package for AEC employees and AEC freelancers.
Belgium is the heart of Europe with Brussels as capital, home of the European Institutions, the NATO headquarters, and many multinational companies.
Belgium offers a high standard of living, exceptional education system, good healthcare, multicultural crossroads, and an affordable cost of living.
Brussels is full of parks, gardens, and forests, offering inhabitants and visitors 27 m2 of green space each. It is Europe’s greenest capital city.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns, and best practices in Drupal/LAMP web infrastructure technology;
- Quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations, and service level agreements associated with information system infrastructure services or projects;
- Assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology;
- Provision of security studies, security assessments, and other specific security matters related to Drupal/LAMP web infrastructure;
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to Drupal/LAMP web infrastructure;
- Elaboration of vision documents focused upon infrastructure components;
- Risk analysis;
- Review of Information Systems Infrastructure Architectures;
- Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation to the information systems infrastructure;
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings, and meetings with the users;
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation, and reporting;
- + 5 years of Drupal development experience;
- In-depth knowledge of Drupal 7/8/9 is mandatory;
- Knowledge about responsive, multi-device development (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone);
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, AGILE);
- Knowledge of relational database systems;
- Ability to cope with fast-changing technologies used in application developments;
- Technical support experience;
- Fluent in English;
A challenging role for an international organization;
Attractive salary package;